CMS European Real Estate Deal Point Study 2023
The state of the real estate transaction market in Europe
The new CMS European Real Estate Deal Point Study 2023 now includes more than 2,500 transactions. Compiling the study involved comparing all the transactions on which we advised in the period 2010 to 2022, enabling us to highlight developments and trends in the real estate market. The market response to our study indicates that over the years it has repeatedly proved to be a valuable tool when preparing for contract negotiations.
CMS’ analysis of the real estate market in 2022 revealed the following key trends
- Demand for office property is on the rise again
- Investment in residential properties accounted for a 24% share of the market
- International investors accounted for the majority of real estate investments
- Sustained a strong desire for security on the part of sellers.
- Buyers were frequently able to negotiate favourable terms with regard to contractual provisions on limitation periods.
- Notable increase in seller-friendly limits on liability.
To access the full report, click here:
For more information, please contact:
Soňa Hanková, Partner, Corporate M&A, Real Estate, CMS Bratislava
M: +421 911 179 038
Michal Huťan, Partner, Real Estate, Construction, EPC, CMS Bratislava
M: +421 940 637 841