Education is an Investment. What is the reality?
Friday, Feb 03, 2023 From 09:30 to 12:00
Jurkovičova Tepláreň , Bottova 1, Bratislava
Come and join our workshop where we try to find out whether our training programs are beneficial or true investments into the development of our human resources hence our company.
The Bridge & Junior Achievement Slovakia prepared an interactive workshop about education in both its practical and general terms. Together with Eva, you´ll be discussing the educational system in Slovakia and the possibilities we have to make it more efficient and up-to-date for our children as well as for our country and economy.
Klaudia will share her experience with establishing a learning culture and a training program, that proved to have a positive impact on company results. We will discuss the case study of her school and talk about failures, hurdles, and lessons learned. We aim to give you practical hints and tips to help our school system as well as to improve training programs in our companies. The foundations we lay with our children are later on the wall of our employees. Once the walls are too tight, there is not much room for growth. Let´s build large rooms so we don´t have to turn the walls down.
At the workshop you will find out:
- What is cognitive fitness?
- How to get your team truly involved in learning?
- What makes a good trainer/teacher?
- Are teachers the tools of education?
- Are students the products of education?
- What are the XY basic pillars of an effective education program?
- Klaudia Bednárová - In 2009 Klaudia founded The Bridge – English Language Centre, an EAQUALS-accredited language school in Slovakia. She is the chair of the Slovak Chamber of English Language Teachers (SCELT) and a board member of The Association of Adult Education Institutions in the Slovak Republic (AIVD SR). Klaudia established and runs various successful educational projects with a focus on teacher training. Eltforum.sk, an annual international conference for teachers of English, and the Bridge re-boot camp for teachers, a unique summer school with a holistic approach to learning and teacher wellbeing. Her passion and professional interest are in effective learning strategies and the impact of language training on work performance.
- Eva Vargová - Eva is the CEO of Junior Achievement Slovakia, an educational non-profit organization that provides learning-by-doing entrepreneurial education, work-life skills, including digital and leadership skills, and financial and economic literacy programs at elementary and secondary schools in Slovakia for 30 years. Eva has got 15 years of experience in the field of education in Slovakia and abroad. She worked in managerial positions in various Slovak and international organizations, including Cambridge University, Johns Hopkins University, and Berlitz. She lived in the USA, the UK, and New Zealand. She believes that investing in quality education at a young age is the best thing we can do for ourselves and mankind.