Foreign Investment under the State Microscope or the New FDI Regime
Tuesday, Mar 14, 2023 From 09:00 to 11:00
Jurkovičova Tepláreň, Bottova 1, Bratislava
From March 1, 2023, a new regime for review of foreign investments from the perspective of national security and public order (the so-called FDI) will apply. New FDI rules might substantially affect business transactions, especially their timing, and may even lead to modification or ban of a transaction.
At this event you will learn, among other things:
- Which investors and investments are affected by the new regime?
- When must the investor notify the transaction?
- What does the FDI review entail, and how long will it take?
- How can the state decide on your transaction?
- How do new FDI rules affect M&A deals?
- Tomáš Búry, Counsel A&O Bratislava
- Peter Šťastný, Senior associate A&O Bratislava
- Darius Balasko, Junior associate A&O Bratislava
08.45 – 09.15 – Registration & Breakfast & Networking
09.15 - 09.20 – Introductory remarks (Martina Slabejová, Executive Director, AmCham Slovakia)
09.20 - 09.25 – Introductory remarks (Tomáš Búry, Counsel A&O Bratislava)
09.25 – 10.40 – Presentation & Q&A
10.40 – 11:15 – Networking
! Please note that this event will be held in Slovak language only.
- Your Contact person
- Lea Kőrösová
- Event Manager
- +421 948 224 974
Documents to download
Connection magazine report
Format: .pdf, size: 0.60MB