Open Call: Join the Challenger Urban:Creative Acceleration Program
The City of Košice, in cooperation with Creative Industry Košice and
Civitta Slovakia, is announcing an open call to participate in the
Challenger Urban:Creative Acceleration Program aimed at supporting
innovation and entrepreneurial potential. The program is part of the
Košice 2.0 project.
The call is intended for teams and starting companies developing an innovative product or service that will improve the city's inhabitants’ quality of life.
What is the Challenger Urban:Creative acceleration program?
The Challenger Urban:Creative acceleration program is a tool that will provide business education for start-up teams and companies and at the same time bring an opportunity for a community of starting companies, startups to work with the city of Košice on solving urban problems.
Program duration: 10 weeks
Bootcamp: April 23, 2021
Introduction: 1 day a week from April 26, 2021
Sprint 1: 3 – 4 days a week from May 3, 2021
Sprint 2: 3 – 4 days a week from May 24, 2021
Sprint 3: 3 – 4 days a week from June 14, 2021
Individual mentoring and coaching: according to the agreement and time possibilities of the participant
Demo day: June 29, 2021
Who is the acceleration program for?
Challenger Urban:Creative is designed for teams and starting companies that bring innovative solutions to improve the city’s quality of life and services. An individual team can also join the program as a group of employees developing a new product or service.
The condition is that the product or service falls into one of the following areas:
- Culture and creative industries
- Gaming industry
- Urban and digital environment
Only teams, not individuals, can sign up for the acceleration program. For this call, a team is defined as a collaborative group of people (at least 2) who jointly develop a new product or service with a view to commercialization. By team, we also understand a dedicated unit within a larger company that develops a new product or service that the company has not yet commercialized and is still developing.
What will the acceleration program bring to the participants?
- Participation in group workshops and subsequent individual consultations on the following topics:
○ Presentation skills
○ Customer knowledge and segmentation
○ Hypothesis validation techniques
○ The needs of the city and opportunities for cooperation
○ Sales and marketing techniques
○ Market entry strategies
○ Financial planning
○ Sources of financial support and preparation for investment
○ Legal bases of companies and basics of intellectual property protection
- Individual mentoring with experts in two areas, determined based on an initial interview, in a total of 6 hours per company
- Personal coaching by program organizers, in the total range of 6 hours per company
- Opportunity to publicly present your product or service during the public finale of the "Demo Day" program
- The winner of the acceleration program will receive a prize of 10,000 Euros
How to apply?
The application form can be filled and submitted online no later than April 18, 2021. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
About Košice 2.0