Košice East Innovation Conference: Magnet Cities
Wednesday, Nov 25, 2020 From 12:00 to 15:45
Univerzitný vedecký park TECHNICOM, Boženy Němcovej 5
Magnet Cities: How to flip the "magnetic switch" / Perfect storm for innovation? EIC 2020: A Catalyst for the Transformation of East Slovakia
Call for partners - Help us flip the "magnetic switch" of East Slovakia!
East Innovation Conference (EIC) is AmCham's high-profile event bringing together businesses, public officials, NGOs and academics. EIC aims to jump-start East Slovakia to become a vibrant place to live and do business, attract youth, talent and ambition through sustainable AmCham initiatives. Scheduled for 25th November in Košice and titled Magnet Cities, the conference aims to inspire local leaders with examples from other parts of the world so that they become drivers of a paradigmatic change by ‘flipping the magnetic switch’ of East Slovakia.
The conference aims to became a catalyst of transformation of East Slovakia and aspires to change the mindset of stakeholders from public sphere, business, academia and NGO sector.
The following questions will be discussed:
- How to flip the magnetic switch?
- What can be done to help second-tier cities reinvent themselves and improve their offer? How can cities increase their magnetic pull? And how to transform our cities to become magnets?
- Perfect storm
- How can we understand the post-Covid reality as an opportunity? How to innovate ourselves out of this crisis? What are the key challenges ahead of us?
Help us flip the "magnetic switch" of East Slovakia and become our partner!
12:00 OFFICIAL WELCOME
- Gabriel Galgóci, President, AmCham Slovakia
12:05 OPENING KEYNOTE
- Representative of the Embassy of the United States of America
12:15 KEYNOTE 1 HOW TO FLIP THE “MAGNETIC SWITCH”?
- Caroline Haynes (UK), Global Urban Solutions Expert
What can be done to help second-tier cities reinvent themselves and improve their offer? How can cities increase their magnetic pull? And how to transform our cities to become magnets?
12:35 COFFEE BREAK
12:45 KOŠICE AS A MAGNET
12:55 OPENING REMARKS: Michal Hladký, Creative Industry Košice
13:05 PANEL 1 MAGNET CITY: REINVENTING THE KOŠICE INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
• Caroline Haynes (UK), Global Urban Solutions Expert
• Peter Kolesár, Partner - Strategy, Innovation, Funding, Civitta Slovakia
• Raimond Tamm (EE), Deputy Mayor, Tartu
• Michal Hladký, Creative Industry Košice (Moderator)
13:45 COFFEE BREAK
14:00 LIGHTNING PRESENTATION INNOVATION THROUGH EDUCATION
- Michael Cresswell (AU), Košice International School
14:20 KEYNOTE 2 PERFECT STORM FOR INNOVATION?
- Andreas Truls, Managing Director Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia
How can we understand the post-Covid reality as an opportunity? How to innovate ourselves out of this crisis and work toward economic prosperity? What are the key challenges ahead of us?
14:40 OPENING REMARKS: Tomáš Sedláček (CZ), Economist, philosopher and former economic advisor to Václav Havel
14:50 PANEL 2 INNOVATION DURING HARD TIMES
• Juraj Girman, Vice President Telekom IT, Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia
• Petr Chládek (CZ), CEO of the South-Moravian Innovation Centre (JIC) Brno
• Tomáš Sedláček (CZ), Economist, philosopher and former economic advisor to Václav Havel
• Moderator (tba)
15:30 CLOSING REMARKS
- Ronald Blaško, Executive Director, AmCham Slovakia
Documents to download
Format: .pdf, size: 0.15MB