Webinar: EU Funds as a trigger for quality Health Care in Slovakia
Tuesday, Mar 23, 2021 From 10:00 to 11:30
The Recovery and Resilience Facility is historically one of the greatest opportunities to raise capital for the Slovak Health Care System. However, the absorption of funds is conditioned by a series of systemic changes and reforms, which must follow each other and give a clear view of the concrete outcome.
The European Commission has even put forward a new stand-alone EU4Health Program for 2021-2027 as part of the Recovery Plan. It is worth 5.1 billion EUR and should help to fix shortcomings exposed by COVID-19 and boost the quality and resilience of EU health systems. With these efforts, the main goal is a Europe that supports timely access to affordable, high-quality healthcare for all.
Following up on Slovak Healthy Future 2030, the Health Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic invited health care experts, analysts, insurance companies, physicians in the field of oncology, cardiology, psychology, and psychiatry, experts in artificial intelligence, and innovative technologies in healthcare, to join forces in an independent expert platform. This multi-stakeholder group created a preliminary proposal of areas in respect to current problems in the Slovak Health Care System, which should not be missing in any reform plan.
Past efforts have shown that it is not possible to look at healthcare only partially and to achieve improvements in selected segments. Only comprehensive solutions that lead to overall and fundamental improvements can achieve a stable system in the long run. We believe the RRF mechanism should be the trigger to start needed and vital reform changes followed by the EU4Health facility to continue the reform plans.
With this webinar and the outcomes of the professional community, we want to contribute to the public discussion on these issues and help improve the state the Slovak Health Care System in the years to come.
- Peter Balík, General Director, Section for Innovation, Strategic Investments and Analyzes (HUB), Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of SR
- Lukáš Stanko, Project Manager, Section of Recovery and Resilience Facility, Ministry of Finance of SR
- Ľudmila Majláthová, Economic Advisor, Representation of the European Commission in the Slovak Republic
- Katarína Fedorová, Director General, Department of Social Policy, Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Family
- Oskar Dvořák, General Director, Section of the reform agenda, Ministry of Health SR
- Zuzana Kovačič Hanzelová, Moderator
EXPERT INPUT TO THE DISCUSSION:
- Miriam Lapuníková, Director of Roosevelt Hospital Banská Bystrica
- Robert Babeľa, Head, Institute of Healthcare Disciplines, St. Elisabeth University, Bratislava
- Marián Šóth, President, Association of Private Physicians of the Slovak Republic
- Anna Ghannamová, President of the Association of Social Services Providers in the Slovak Republic
The event will be held in Slovak language, with translation do English.
Recording from the event will be available here, after the event.
Please register no later than 22nd March, 2pm.